Kurt offers 60-minute personalised mentoring sessions with photographers, tailored to individual aspirations and goals. These tutorials are aimed at professional photographers and those who aspire to become professionals. The session can be used to explore ideas, research, project planning, executing projects, editing, book publishing and exhibition.
One-off tutorials are US$100.
A package of 6 tutorials is US$500, to be used within 6 months.
A package of 12 tutorials is US$980, to be used within 12 months.
Kurt is also looking to offering three x 6 tutorial scholarship to early stage and emerging talented on a rolling basis. There is no age limit, so please do think about applying even if you are not in a position to pay.
- To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line - Mentorship) with a link to your work, a bio/cv and a note on how you wish to use the sessions.
- Please indicate clearly whether you are applying for the paid sessions or the scholarship.
- Applications to the paid sessions will be contacted within 2 weeks, however, due to my work commitment , it is not always possible for me to take on mentorship.
- The applications to the scholarship will be reviewed 4 times a year, so if you don’t hear from us after 3 months, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
- We are unable to provide feedbacks to unsuccessful applicants.
Kurt has taught photography at several leading art institutions in Hong Kong and have been guest speakers at numerous art colleges around the world. He has also lead workshops at several international photo festivals from Santa Fe to Kobe, from shooting new work to book making. However, with over 100 exhibitions, it is Kurt’s real world experience with exhibitions and book publishing that’s going to be the most valuable to potential mentees.